The news of Marvel vs Capcom 3 is spreading like wild fire on the internet but what’s true and false? Here are just a quick set of facts, truths and rumors for Marvel vs Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds.
Update: Highlighted in bold is what has been recently announced or rumored.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be coming to PS3 and 360 in Spring 2011.
- Confirmed characters are Wolverine, Ryu, Morrigan, Iron Man, Chris Redfield, Hulk, Dante, Dead Pool, Felicia, Captain America, Super Skrull, Dr. Doom, Trish, Chun-Li, Thor (Leaked) and Okami’s Amaterasu (Leacked).
- Rumors are going around that Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, Necro, Wesker, Mephisto, and Human Tourch, and
- There will be new music, along with remixes from the all of the previous Marvel vs. Capcom games
- DLC can be planned for it, but has not been announced.
- The game is being developed by Capcom, but Marvel is working very close with them.
- The control scheme is simplified to 3 button combo system with the 4th button labeled the “Exchange” button. This button controls a variety of functions.
- MT Framework engine is going to be used for this game which is also in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.
- The Capcom staff that made the previous Marvel vs. Capcom’s are involved.
- Enhanced 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting System with assist attacks, special moves, aerial combos hyper combos and the new “Exchange” button.
- The Exchange button lets you do Simplified launch attacks for air combos, Spike attacks deliver fierce downward attacks that execute devastating ground combos, Character switching and Countering.
- They are going for a “comic book” art style. It seems to be that Capcom is going to build upon the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom look.
- The roster will be somewhere in the 30s with unlockables.
- Marvel wants to bring in new people from the Marvel Universe.
- Capcom creates their own version of the Hulk.
- The Wolverine model is from Astonishing X-Men.
- There will be a actual story for the game
- Was playable at E3, now playable at Comicon with the new characters included, Dr. Doom, Super Skrull, Trish (Devil May Cry series) and Chun-Li
If this game looks anything like SSF4 or better its gonna be amazing!
a developer said that there would be no characters from the fantastic 4 universe, so Dr. Doom is a no go.
if its not in 2d it’s just going to be a lame duck. The reason that it’s such an epic game is the sheer speed that it ran at. That and the popularity of the new hd revival on ps3 and 360. you would have thought they’d get the gist of it.
Seriously. Imagine Marvel vs Capcom 3
in hd styled blazblue glory!!!
MMMMMMmm.. superfluid 2d animation…
now that would be amazing!!
yea but with the new found success of Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii which plays very much the same as the MVC series, it seems they’ll go in that direction of 2D-3D.
I personally don’t mind if the game runs at the same speeds as MVC2
[…] back for updates of Street Fighter X Tekken as it comes in and also check out our Marvel vs Capcom 3: What We Know So Far post for the latest on […]