Mario just straight up jacked the portal gun from Chell in Mari0. Haven’t heard of Mari0? Think, Mario meets Portal 2, minus GlaDOS and Wheatley; and yes there will be some tests. Still don’t get it? Well maybe you should check out the video posted below.
The brains of of Mari0 are two guys named Maurice Guégan, and Sašo Smolej from Stabourself. Guégan, and Smolej are already in the works of making Mari0, and actual full game. As soon as it’s completed we’ll keep you updated, but for now here’s some other info on the game.
- Yes, this is an actual game being developed – it is not a mod of any existing one. It’s coded with Löve (info at the bottom of the left menu) and will be released for free (so we don’t get stabbed by lawyers)
- All the source code of the game will be available after release
- The game will have mappacks, which will be downloadable from ingame. Users most likely won’t be able to publish maps directly, but will be able to send them in and we’ll add them for everyone to use.
- The primary maps will have a story and some portaly puzzles. What kind, well, we’ll figure that out as we go
- Level editor will be embedded in the game so you can edit the level while you play
- Original SMB levels and Lost levels will be included
- Simultaneous Multiplayer