Defense of the Ancients or DotA is a game that has been played by many. Since the announcement of it’s sequel many have wondered how will it look, and how will it play compared to the first game? Well we still haven’t heard much from game play, but as for requirements you’ll need in order to play it, we got some good news!
DotA 2 Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP
- Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
- Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
- Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
DotA 2 Recommended System Requirements:
As it seems the minimum system requirements are pretty low. It seems that with the foundation of Warcraft 2 and WoW, Valve is keeping in mind that their target audience may or may not have hulking computers to play on. Keeping the requirements low will give frugal gamers a chance to play DotA 2 on their older systems. The game has been said it will be running on Valve’s Source engine, and to make sure you can run the game on your computer, just see if you can run Alien Swarm since DotA 2 will be running the same engine.