The roster keeps growing as we get closer and closer to the release date of Marvel vs Capcom 3. I’m sure we all need a little bit of a refresher in not just our fighting skills but also on all the information that’s been surrounding one of the most anticipated games of the year. So let’s break this down and make a cheat sheet for everyone.
- Release date is February 13, 2011 for both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
- Character count so far is 32 Characters and growing, latest two characters added to the roster were Hsien-Ko and Sentinel
- There will be new music, along with remixes from the all of the previous Marvel vs. Capcom games
- DLC will be available at release with Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath being DLC only
- Capcom created their own version of the Hulk
- The Wolverine model is from Astonishing X-Men
- There will be a actual story for the game
- The Exchange button controls a variety of functions including simplified launch attacks, which set your opponent up for air combos, spike attacks that deliver fierce downward attacks which enable you to execute devastating ground combos, and character switching
- MT Framework engine is going to be used for this game which is also in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.
- The Capcom staff that made the previous Marvel vs. Capcom’s are involved
- The Special Edition will come with the two DLC characters, Exclusive comic and art book, exclusive Steelbook art, and 1-month subscription to Marvel digital comics for $69.99.
If that’s not enough information for you there’s still more. Just look below and you’ll find the most up to date roster and some screen shots of some game play, and trust me, the screen shots do not do any justice to how the game flows. In less than three weeks we’ll finally be able to get your hands on the game and experience it personally.