Polyphony Digital announced at E3 the release date for Gran Tursimo 5 (about time!). The long awaited GT5 has been a game that almost every GT fanboy has been waiting for.
What we know so far:
- Vehicular Damage:
Performance damage affects how the car performs based on calculating the physical effects of collisions and damage on various parameters. It affects vehicle stability and control, depending on the amount of damage taken. This level of damage affects both premium and standard cars.
Dirt, Scratches, and Dents
This is damage that can be visually seen, and involves the vehicle collecting dirt, scratches and dents. This level of damage affects both premium and standard cars.
Dislodging and Deformation of Body Panels
This third level of damage causes body panels to come loose or to deform from their original shapes. This level of damage affects premium cars only.
- Lighting effects have changed dramatically. Break lights now illuminate the dirt that’s kicked up behind the car during dusk, and the sun follows the passage of time. So as you drive the endurance races the you’ll see the sun set as you get later and later into the night hours.
- Nascar will make it’s debut in GT
- Stereoscopic 3-D
- Online multiplayer, spectator, and private track modes available
- Collectors Edition is available for pre-order. Pre-order includes the following:
Gran Turismo® 5 game
Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho
In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material
Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades
Numbered certificate of authenticity
Custom collector’s packaging
- The collection of cars available in GT5 is over 1000 different cars.
November 2nd this year GT5 will be out in it’s entirety so ladies and gentlemen get ready to start your engines.
WOW now i have to buy a PS3 to drift on it and word on a GT5 PS3 similar to the metal gear solid one …and great article ROB